Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Fiveleague House

The caravan from Nenlast made slow but steady progress through The Old Hills.  The caravan seemed fairly typical - no notable personalities so I kept to myself for the most part.  While the journey only took a couple days, it seemed rather tedious.  I suppose I should be thankful for it - a kobold raid would certainly be exciting, but not in a good way.  

We pulled up to the wooden pallisade of the Fiveleague House and were greeted by a large man who called himself Barton, master of the Fiveleague Inn as he calls it.  We were ushered inside the protective walls and soon found ourselves in the inn enjoying good food and the company of fellow travellers.  My contract with the caravan done, I made my own arrangements for lodgings for the night.

As I laid in the corner of the common room, I contempated what steps I needed to take next.  My resources were running low and I had travelled a great distance - yet I felt I must move further away still.  Obviously the next step would be to take a paying job on a caravan.  This would allow me to replentish my funds as well as continuing to move me further from that past which lain behind me.

Come the morning I looked about to see if there was work to be had on any caravans heading east towards the dwarven hold Hammerfast.  Unfortunately none that I spoke with had a position for an old man - or maybe because I couldn't speak a lick of dwarf.  Either way, it looked like the next step of my journey would have to be west.

The fates must have looked kindly upon me as there was a large caravan bound for Fallcrest that very day.  While the caravan master already had a number of able hands available, he seemed thankful to have a knowledgeable person on hand that might be able to help with matters both medical and arcane.  With a generous offer of 25 gold upon arrival in Fallcrest, I accepted his offer and gathered my things....

2 comments:

  1. You go Zoltan... Just stay away from those human remains!

    jp

    ReplyDelete
  2. JP,

    Oh sure, deny me and my love of necromancy!

    *sigh*

    Good times.

    Zoltan

    ReplyDelete